Sunday, August 22, 2010

EGGPLANT PARMESAN ALA CROCKPOT

A friend of mine gave me some eggplants. I don't mind eggplant-Chris is not found of it but will try it. So I thought what better way to use it up and to get Chris to eat it then-PARMESAN STYLE. Well you all know I love my crock pot so I thought I would give it a try. Of course there is no breading like the traditional dish. Of course you can always use low carb bread and make your own bread crumbs--but I find extra Parmesan works great in cases like this-and it did. Chris liked it-he said it reminded him of lasagna. I still don't think eggplant will ever be on his favorite list but if I get free eggplant this is what I'm making with it-and he will eat it! Works for me.

2 EGGPLANTS -SLICED 1/4 INCH THICK
1 CAN(26OZ) NO SUGAR ADDED HUNTS SPAGHETTI SAUCE
1 CUP GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
1 TSP DRIED THYME

Spray a 4-5 quart crock pot with Pam. Mix the sauce with the thyme. Layer in the crock eggplant slices, sauce then cheese. You should be able to do this 3-5 times depending on the size of your eggplants. Don't worry if every slice isn't totally covered--it all spreads and cooks together. Cook on low 5-6 hours.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment