Sunday, April 12, 2009

FRESH STRAWBERRY FREEZER JAM

I love jam and preserves. Nothing better then making it yourself with fresh berries. I just couldn't take walking past the little beauties anymore at the grocery store. They practically leaped into my cart. So here I am....making my jam. So fast and easy. Really why wouldn't people make their own????

Measure 1 1/2 cups Splenda into bowl. Add contents of 1 pouch BALL FRUIT JELL FREEZER JAM PECTIN -stir until blended. Then I add a 1 tsp of cinnamon. (trust me, it's yummy)

Crush strawberries until they equal app. 4 cups. Stir the the pectin mixture into the crushed fruit. Stir for 2 minutes.

Ladle into freezer jam jars-leaving 1/2 inch head space. Add the lids and wallah--your done. Let stand about 30 minutes before you dive in and use it. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.

This makes about 5 8-0z jars.

No comments:

Post a Comment