Sunday, February 8, 2009

CHICKEN ALMOND BAKE

Ok, anyone who knows me knows I love to do one dish meals....ala casseroles. They cover everything for a meal.
So, since whole roaster chickens have been so cheap around here lately-I have plenty in the freezer-I thought I would work with one. This is what I made....and it's a goodie. Simple but almost like a tuna noodle casserole taste-but no fish-or a hot chicken salad.

2 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken
2 cups sliced celery
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup "ranch" seasoned almonds-you buy in the salad section
1/2 of an onion
1 can of green beans (drained)
1/2 tsp salt
pepper to taste
1 cup shredded sharp cheese

Saute the celery and onion in some butter until soft. Mix all the other ingrediants-except cheese-and put them in a greased casserole dish 1 1/2 quart. Sprinkle the cheese on top of casserole. Bake in oven uncovered for about 20 min in a 425 degree oven. Serves 3-4

I would have taken a pic but between my husband and my employee and me--well there was none left.

No comments:

Post a Comment