Friday, October 17, 2008

BEEFY BURGER SOUP

This is very good. I know I keep saying that....but I'm not going to lead you astray. This is adapted from a recipe I got off the Linda Sue's site. Wala...my own!

2 pounds ground beef
2 small onions, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
15oz canned pumpkin--LIBBY BRAND
14oz canned beef broth
2 cups chicken broth
2 beef bouillon cubes
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/4 tsp dried sweet basil

In a large 6 quart pot brown the onions and ground beef. Drain the fat. Add the beef broth and pumpkin. Mix very well. Add the garlic powder, chicken broth and bouillon -stir over medium heat. Season with salt, pepper and basil. Simmer covered for 30 minutes. This is yummy and you can add frozen green beans also to give some extra yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment